At Adelaide Health Care we aim to provide a high quality, comprehensive primary care health service for our local community
We promote a holistic approach to health and encourage preventative health care.
We recommend you have a usual treating General Practitioner, as continuity of care is important for your health. This means that your GP gets to know you and your health needs in depth. As many of the GPs at Adelaide Health Care work at the practice part-time, we encourage you to develop a relationship with your usual GP and one other GP at the Practice whom you can see if you need urgent attention and your usual GP is not on duty that day.
Many of the GPs at Adelaide Health Care have special interests and additional qualifications in areas such as medical education, research, mental health, children's health, sexual health, obstetrics and breast feeding medicine. Our Practice Nurses have additional training and expertise in a variety of areas including immunisations, diabetes care, lung function testing, asthma education, counselling, women's health, and baby care.
- We aim to be welcoming and inclusive, and will endeavour to ensure that the health needs of particular communities are addressed, such as those who identify as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, LGBTIQ, refugees and new arrivals.
- Telephone Interpreting Services will be used on request and when required.
- We provide a full range of General Practice services for prevention, acute and chronic health problems.
- Skin checks and removal of skin lesions by excision or liquid nitrogen therapy is available.
- We provide recalls and reminders for specific concerns.
- Home visits may be available by arrangement only.
- Overseas visitors, workers and students are welcome.
- Adelaide Health Care recognises that men are less likely to have a regular GP, and have poorer health outcomes than women. Men, please come and see us and have a health check up!
- Adelaide Health Care welcomes youth and young people, and our facilities are child and breast-feeding friendly.