As of Monday 4th May 2020, Adelaide Health Care commenced private billing for some telehealth consultations. This means that there may be a fee payable for your phone consultation. You will receive a phone call from our reception staff after your consultation to make the payment.
Telehealth consultations require the patient having had a face to face consultation in the clinic with the 12 months prior to be eligible for a Medicare rebate.
For the duration of the COVID-19 Crisis, we understand that many people have been affected with financial hardship, and that we need to work together through this crisis together. If you have any questions, or your current situation makes payment difficult, please phone our Practice Manager Glenda Attenborough on 8410 0774.
Fee schedule as of 1st July 2020:
|Description of Consult||Item Number||Private Fee||Medicare |
|Gap (patient out |
of pocket cost)
|Lung Function Test||11506||$45.45||$18.05||$27.40|
|Standard Wound Care||-||-||-||$10 -15|
|IV Iron Treatment||Please refer to IV Iron Treatment information page for more details including costs|
|Mirena Procedure||Please refer to Intrauterine Device Patient Information (IUD) information page for more details including costs|
|Allergy Clinic||Please refer to the Allergy Clinic information page for more details including costs|
This Practice prides itself on providing high quality care and as a result there may be additional costs for the following:
- Treatment room fee for clinical procedures
- Brief treatment room nurse appointments
- Wound care products and other consumable items
Specific administrative requests
For more details please discuss with Reception Staff or your Doctor
Non-attendance & late cancellation fees
A non-attendance fee will apply if you do not provide at least four hours' notice of your cancellation, and this fee will need to be paid prior to next seeing a doctor.
Wanting to transfer your medical file?
To transfer your medical record from a previous clinic to Adelaide Health Care, please fill out and sign this form. Once completed and signed by the patient, it can either be posted, faxed or dropped off to reception at Adelaide Health Care to commence the process. Alternatively, you can send the form directly to your former Practice.If you have moved to a new Practice and require your notes to be transferred from Adelaide Health Care, please contact your new Practice to sign an authority form. At Adelaide Health Care we can print a health summary for you at no cost, however if you require your complete medical record to be transferred, there will be a fee of $25 to cover our administration costs for this process.
Results that can be given over the phone, will be done by reception between 1-5 pm each day. It is common that you may be asked to book an appointment with you doctor to discuss your results.
- Full payment of the private fee is expected at the end of the consultation, after which you will then receive your Medicare rebate.
- All patients 18 years of age and under Health Care Card, and 70 years of age and over with a Pensioner Concession Card will be bulk billed.
- All patients between the ages of 19 and 69 years of age with a Health Care Card or Pension Card will have a 25% discount applied to private billing for medical services and some procedures.
- All Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander patients with a Health Care Card will be bulk billed.
- Health Care Card holders must carry their valid card with them to all appointments.
- A non-attendance fee will apply if you do not provide at least four hours' notice of your cancellation, and this fee will need to be paid prior to next seeing a doctor.