At Adelaide Health Care we aim to provide a high quality, comprehensive primary care health service for our local community.
We promote a holistic approach to health and have a preventative approach.
We encourage you to have a usual treating GP as continuty of care is important for your health. This means that your GP gets to know you and your health needs in depth. As many of the GPs at adelaide health care work at the pracitice part-time, we encourage you to develop a relationship with your usual GP and one other GP at the practice who you can see if you need urgent attention and your usual GP is not on duty that day
Many of the GPs at Adelaide Health Care have special interests and additional qualifications in areas such as public health, medical education, research, mental health, children's health, sexual health, obstetrics and breast feeding medicine. Our practice nurses have additional training and expertise in a variety of areas including diabetes care, lung function testing, asthma education, counselling, women's health, and baby care
- We aim to be welcoming and inclusive and will endeavour to ensure that the health needs of particular communities are addressed such as Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander, gay and lesbian, refugee and new arrivals.
- Telephone Interpreter services will be used on request and when required
- We provide a full range of general practice services for prevention and acute and chronic health problems
- Skin checks and removal of skin lesions by excision or liquid nitrogen therapy is available
- We provide Recalls & Reminders for specific concerns
- Home visits may be available by arrangement only
- Overseas visitors, workers and students are welcome
- Adelaide Health Care recognises that men are less likely to have a regular GP or visit a GP regularly, and have poorer health outcomes than women. Men, please come and see us and have a health check up!
- Adelaide Health Care welcomes young people, come on in and see us. Let us know if you think we could be more youth friendly.
- Adelaide Health Care is children and breast feeding friendly